About The Experience
After almost a decade-long delay, the most awaited Louvre Abu Dhabi Universal Museum is now in its completion stage and all set to add a pivot point to the status of not only Abu Dhabi but the UAE itself, placing it among the world’s most popular cultural nations.The first of its kind universal museum in the Arabian Peninsula, it is a collaborative effort between the governments of Abu Dhabi and France, and obviously its legendary name says it all. But contrary to its name, it’s not all about replicating the model or content of Louvre Museum, but rather establishing a rational route of discovery, openness and oneness. This unique and enlightening approach creates a perfect platform for the education and exchange of ideas as well as cultures, allowing visitors to explore diverse civilizations and world history through its extensive exhibits; compare and learn them in-depth; and most importantly, contemplate on their genuine values.Showcasing a vast spectrum of objects that depict both ancient and the latest in the contemporary artistic expressions, the $650 million museum features permanent installations that span for more than 65,000 square feet and mainly backed by loans from such legendary museums as Musée du Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, and Centre Pompidou. With its exhibits presented chronologically, it will take you through four distinct periods, from archeology and the birth of Islam to the classical age and modern era. Apart from a dedicated section for kids, there is approximately 20000 square feet of space for temporary exhibitions as well.Most of all, Louvre Abu Dhabi Universal Museum is truly an impressive spectacle on water. Encompassing a series of stunning white structures that reflect an Arabian city, it forms a significant element of the thriving Saadiyat Cultural District which will also host museums including the Zayed National Museum and the Guggenheim Museum. The award-winning French architect, Jean Nouvel, has drawn inspiration for its awe-inspiring design from the region’s ancient construction techniques, such as the traditional Falaj water system and interweaved palm leaves, which were once used for roofing purpose.Apparently, the core specialty of this mesmerizing building is undoubtedly its intricate and multi-layered geometric lace dome, enhanced by thousands of star-like cladding patterns. The resulting structure provides elegant perforations, creating a stunning contrast of sunlight and shade. Needless to say, the one of its kind museum is striking in every way - unique concept, wide-ranging offerings, and aesthetic appearance!
- Come face to face with a massive collection of art classics and masterpieces created by the world-renowned artists like Leonardo Da Vinci, Vincent Van Gogh, and Claude Monet to name a few.
- Admire the breathtaking architecture that appears like a floating white structure on the Persian Gulf.
- Experience the stunning rain of light phenomenon as you stand beneath its colossal dome and take in the natural light that sieves through its perforations.
Looking for more Abu Dhabi tours? Set out on our Abu Dhabi City Tour or pre-book tickets to attractions such as Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi, and Yas Waterworld. Just two hours’ drive from Abu Dhabi, you can take in Dubai with an impressive limo ride Dubai or a guided Dubai city tour. Add more activities and experiences with Burj Khalifa tour or Al Shindagha Museum Tickets Dubai.
- Gain entry to the Arabian world’s first Universal Museum
- Discover over 600 artworks arranged in 12 distinct sequences
- Admire permanent exhibits that date back to 3rd BC
- See classic masterpieces loaned from legendary French institutions like Louvre Museum
- Enjoy its unique architecture that creates an impressive rain of light effect
- Transfers (If option selected)
- Please carry a valid Id/Passport along with you.
- Child tickets are complimentary but you need to book the tickets which will be scanned at the entrance of the museum.
- Senior citizen's tickets are complimentary for locals and residents of UAE only. They can book the tickets directly at the counter free of charge but needs to present valid ID proof for age above 60 years
- Wheelchairs and strollers are available
- The last admission to the Louvre Museum will be at 5:30 p.m.
- Louvre Abu Dhabi is closed on Mondays.